The department computing team's services include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to printer.
- A URL associated with the department. Use cases include personal websites, course websites, and research related web apps.
- Please contact us if you need help with accessing UTmail+, Microsoft 365, and UofT wifi.
- You can also ask us for hardware purchasing advice.
- Although we're not a repair shop or a replacement for vendor support, we can help you with basic troubleshooting
- Faculty, postdocs, and research students (usually doctoral) may request access to the compute server. Brief one-on-one training can be provided.
- Research group workstation management.
- Consultation / support for:
- Cluster resources outside the department, including Digital Research Alliance of Canada (DRAC).
- Research data management.
- Software, hardware, data storage, computing workflow needs.
- Application containerization.
- R Shiny app deployment through RStudio Connect.
- Template and support for creating course websites through Github Pages.
- Course URL in the form of https:// courses.utstat.utoronto.ca/STA123 if using a department repo on Github, or https:// sta123.utstat.utoronto.ca.
- A/V support for OPG 9th floor classrooms and meeting rooms -- advance notice would be greatly appreciated.
For more information and to make a request, please reach out to us at email@example.com.