As one of North America's top ten statistics departments, our mission is to serve as a centre of excellence for statistical sciences research and education in Canada and internationally.
Our award-winning faculty members and students have played an important role in creating new knowledge in statistical sciences and driving interdisciplinary solutions to real-world problems.
We have award-winning faculty who are national and international leaders in statistical sciences education, and who engage in innovative pedagogical research and curriculum initiatives to enhance student learning.
We believe in collaboration as a catalyst for new ideas and scientific advancement. That's why we enjoy working with a wide range of institutions and department across the U of T Campus and beyond.
- Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI)
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (Masters of Mathematical Finance, Engineering Science)
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Computer Science
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Faculty of Information
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
One of the first independently operating statistics departments in North America, our department looks back at a rich history that involves many leaders in statistics.