As one of North America's top ten statistics departments, our mission is to serve as a centre of excellence for statistical sciences research and education in Canada and internationally.
Our award-winning faculty members and students have played an important role in creating new knowledge in statistical sciences and driving interdisciplinary solutions to real-world problems.
We believe in collaboration as a catalyst for new ideas and scientific advancement. That's why we enjoy working with a wide range of institutions and department across the U of T Campus and beyond.
- Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI)
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering (Masters of Mathematical Finance, Engineering Science)
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Computer Science
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Faculty of Information
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
One of the first independently operating statistics departments in North America, our department looks back at a rich history that involves many leaders in statistics.