In order to receive your monthly salary, you should provide a copy of the following documents to our Senior Financial Officer Christine Bulguryemez upon your arrival in Canada.
Under Revenue Canada regulations, you are required to provide a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to your business officer. See the section above on SIN if you need further information regarding the application for a Social Insurance Number.
Copy of your Work Permit
The following payroll forms must be completed and submitted to the Senior Financial Officer Christine Bulguryemez as soon as possible to ensure your employment and pay commence on the start date indicated on your letter of offer.
- TD1 Personal Tax Credits Return
- TD1ON Ontario Personal Tax Credits Return
- Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit (PDF, 45 kB) or VOID cheque for direct deposit
Your salary will be deposited into your bank account on the 28th of each month, or the last working day before the 28th.
Meet with Ellen Brikaras for information on the following:
- University Health Insurance Plan and Ontario Health Insurance Plan
- Green Shield medical plans
- Sick leave and long-term disability
- University of Toronto pension plan
- Tuition Waiver for staff and Dependent Scholarship programs
- Childcare benefit plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Health Care Spending Account
Health & Well-Being provides faculty and staff with...
- Resources and information on workplace health, injury, illness and accommodation
- Support to ease your transition back to work after illness or injury
- Support to managers who have a staff member returning to work after being off due to illness or injury
Find contact details and further information at U of T Wellness.
Once you are set up in the payroll system, Christine Bulguryemez will give you a letter with your Secret Activation Code.
This code will be used to activate your UTORid, give you access to your email account and other online services.