- Our Department Manager Angela Fleury will assign you your new office.
- You will be given a FOB for your office.
- Department Assistant Annette Courtemanche will set you up with your building access card, which gives you access to the building and department after hours. The building is closed after 6 pm and on weekends.
- Annette will also provide you with a code to use the printer, scanner and copier.
The Professional Expense Reimbursement Allowance (PERA) is an amount available to faculty who are governed by the Memorandum of Agreement between the University of Toronto and UTFA. Read more about annual amounts. The University of Toronto Policy for Travel and Other Reimbursable Expenses will be your extensive guide to determine which expenses are eligible for reimbursement. Reimbursements are submitted for payment with the Reimbursement Form and original receipts. Electronic receipts are accepted for conference registration, membership fees, boarding passes and Uber travel. The U of T Expense Reimbursement Checklist will help you with preparing a reimbursement for submission.
The standard class of service for domestic and international flights to conferences or research visits continues to be the least expensive economy class fare. However, business class and premium economy travel for flights in excess of 6 hours or for medical reasons may be permitted if pre-authorized by the chair. Please complete the Flight Pre-Approval Authorization Form and submit it to the chair prior to booking your flight.
- You are responsible for getting your own computer, laptop or printer, but please ask Angela Fleury about ordering equipment.
- Contact Anthony (Tony) Castro for any assistance with issues when getting set up.
- Visit the Office 365 website for resources, software, tutorials and information on using Office 365.
- Other software is available through the Faculty IT department or at a discount through the U of T Book Store.
You will need to self-enrol in the University's multi-factor authentication service (UTORMFA) to safely access a variety of U of T services and platforms.
UTORMFA is the University of Toronto's multi-factor authentication solution. It adds an extra layer of security to your login, enabling you to work remotely. Learn more about UTORMFA.
The Faculty of Arts and Science provides an overview of the many online resources available to faculty and staff. Log in with your UTORid to access:
- Internal resources
- Teaching and learning resources
- Research support and services, and
- Much more
ATLAS provides funding for a wide range of unit-level teaching and learning initiatives. If you’d like to launch an innovative teaching or learning initiative and need financial support, ATLAS is a great resource. Application deadlines are usually twice yearly, in mid-November and mid-February.
Quercus is the University of Toronto’s academic technology toolbox, powered by Canvas. Quercus offers an advanced content design, a variety of student communication tools, easy-to-use course administration features, and mobile applications for access to key functions from a phone or tablet.
The University of Toronto places a high degree of importance on diligent compliance with copyright law through managing our licensed materials, assisting faculty in understanding and operating within our fair dealing guidelines, and securing transactional licenses where necessary.
If you have any questions about copyright and copyright compliance, please contact University of Toronto Libraries or learn more about copyright and scholarly communications issues at U of T.